When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Here are some answers. Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, resulting in a more comfortable, functional, and confident smile. While many assume that braces are primarily for improving appearance, that is only one of the many benefits of straight teeth.
Correctly aligned bite and spaced teeth can provide the following benefits:
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ, neck pain, or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Help those with speech impediments speak clearly.
- Improve oral health by helping create spaced teeth, making them easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
After your orthodontic treatment, you may need to wear a retainer. Made from acrylic or wire material, your dentist will take an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth for a proper fit.
Wearing retainers after getting braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. They will help you maintain teeth alignment for a long time.
ClearCorrect™ aligners are custom made, virtually invisible, and allow patients to straighten their teeth with the convenience of being easily removed for activities such as eating, flossing, and brushing.
ClearCorrect™ braces are made of a transparent reinforced plastic. They are used to rectify the alignment of your teeth. One of the reasons ClearCorrect™ braces have become popular is because they are easily removable.
Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are still the most popular, quickest, and most cost-effective orthodontic treatment available. Traditional metal braces are the metal brackets and wires that most people picture when they hear the word "braces." However, as dentistry has evolved, today’s metal braces are much smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than in the past, with a range of color options for both the elastics (a variety of colors, from silver and white to red, turquoise, and more) and brackets (including gold and silver brackets).
Traditional braces are also more effective at treating extreme overcrowding than other options. They give your orthodontist the control he needs to move the teeth in small increments at a time.
Other Things You Should Know
If you live in the Panama City, Florida area, visit our team at Panama City Smiles or call us at 850-763-8788 to make an appointment.